Saturday, November 14, 2009

Inspire Me Challenge #3: CASE

Thank you to all of the ladies that joined in the challenge. Boy, choosing just one to CASE was difficult. I think I subconsciously CASEd a little something from each. But mainly, I chose Pam Spiedel's as my inspiration.

CASE Card

Inspiration Card

Now at first glance it may not look like Pam's card was my inspiration. But...that is the beauty of finding your inspiration. The result is not an exact replica, but more of a "nod" to the original inspiration. So here's the breakdown: I love the subtle stamping on the front panel with the border punch below, the script font on her sentiment, and the large snowflake as an accent. These are the ideas that I incorporated into my card. I still think it may need some faux stitching though...hmm, what do you think?

Here's a close-up of that yummy flower. I really, really had fun with this one. I used PTI's faux ribbon set to create a plaid pattern then punched out various circles, scrunched and roughed up, stacked, and tied it all up with a bow. I had so much fun stamping that plaid pattern that I created quite a few more sheets in various color combos, so you'll be seeing more of it here soon. ;o)

Thanks for looking ladies and congrats to Dana, who's entry in this challenge was also featured on the CARDS Magazine blog!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really love those colors, I didn't get to play in the challenge, but I am still going to try that color combo! I have been making some tags from your template, I'll try and post those next week! Thanks again for the template! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn! Bless your heart for featuring my color challenge card on your blog. Interesting...especially since YOU were my inspiration to start with! :) Love how that works! Gotta tell you that I showed this card yesterday at my Stampin' Up Stamp-a-Stack and the gals *loved* it. I was wishing we would have made it instead of one of the others! Next time! :) I'm really loving YOUR card and those flowers are something I've just got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, sweet and talented one! I love how you were inspired by THIS, and fun how we were inspired by YOU, and so on and so forth! Tee Hee That flower is DELICIOUS! I was SO delighted to see how your challenge caught a wave of lovely attention and I truly think the next one will continue to grow! Pam's work was ADORABLE, btw! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Dawn, love your interpretation! It sure was neat to see where you found your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest