Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CHALLENGE: Get Sketchy with Joni #2

Hello everyone! Joni here with the Get Sketchy Challenge for the month of July 2015. If this is your first time here, you can find all of the deets at the end of this post.
And to get you started, here is my take on the sketch.

To create this card, I started with two A2 watercolored panels. One in peachy red from the watercolor palette and and the second, in gold. I cut away a diagonal portion of the second panel across the middle.
For the pretty butterflies, I used my all time favorite Flora & Fauna 2 stamp set. I stamped the butterfly images onto watercolor paper using Versamark ink and heat embossed the images using the Ranger white embossing powder. Next, I watercolored each butterfly using my watercolor palette, I let the images dry and fussy cut - you could also use the Flora & Fauna companion die to save time. For variety, I also stamped some of the smaller butterflies onto vellum, heat embossing and fussy cutting them as well.

Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Flora & Fauna 2, Love Mom // Dies: Flower Doodles // Cardstock: White
I assembled the two panels on top of one another using a little foam tape for dimension. Next, I adhered the butterflies one by one using clear foam tape. This helps conceal the tape since I used vellum for some of the butterflies.

For the sentiment, I die-cut the word "smile" using the Flower Doodles die several times and adhered each one on top of the other to give a nice dimension. To complete the sentiment, I used the "from all of us" sentiment from the Love Mom stamp set.
Finally, I added some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins to finish off the card.

Just another look how pretty the gold watercolor paint when it hits the light :).

I hope you guys enjoyed :)

Play Along

Now it's your turn!
Use the sketch at the top of this post along with at least one Wplus9 product (more is always welcome!) and upload your project to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr. Then link it up using the InLinkz widget below by July 29th to participate and keep the inspiration flowing!
If you'd like us to repost and share your creations on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #wplus9GetSketchy!

Prize

We will select one random participant to receive a $20 store credit to wplus9.com. The winner will be posted here on the blog on July 30th.
Happy Crafting and Good Luck!

Get Sketchy #2 Entries


22 comments:

  1. Very cool sketch and gorgeous card! I like this watercolor look! and suppose you meant July, not May?;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!! Love tenderness of butterflies and gold background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow stunning design!!! The water coloring is gorgeous and those butterfly's are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those beautiful butterflies fluttering about are fabulous Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Joni!! Beautiful card!! I hope I get to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WWOWOWOOWOWOWOOW!! Just BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Design of your card and the AWESOME New Sketch!! Can't WAIT to Play along!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sketch and your interpretation is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am absolutely in LOVE with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sketch, Joni - I've got several ideas already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fabulous background, colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. this card is stunning.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well and truly magnificent :-0

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most amazing card! The gold is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest