Friday, August 21, 2015

Pure Color With Kara: #3 Stamping Text Over Stamped Images


Hello! I hope your are enjoying the last bit of summer. I am soaking up every minute.  This is Kara and I'm here today to share another PURE Color Combination inspired by a beautiful scarf that belonged to my mother-in-law.  Take a peek at my Instagram feed for a look at the inspiration piece.  The feather pattern on the scarf includes colors very similar to Fairy Dust, Silver Lining, Wild Mango, Pumpkin Spice, Bo Peep, and Nautical Navy.

My projects today both have backgrounds created by stamping text over stamped images.  I love the effect on both the masculine and feminine version.  This first card is a great encouragement card that would be perfect for a guy in your life.  The colors help create  a masculine feel, but as you will see below, they are gorgeous and unexpected colors for floral images as well.  I started by stamping one image from the Backgrounds and Borders 4 set repeatedly to create a pattern.  I would stamp several in one color and then switch to another color.  Make sure to clean the stamp well {and stamp off on scrap paper} in between colors.  If you stamp in order from light to dark, the amount of cleaning is minimized.  Once my background was complete, I stamped the text over top in black.


WPlus9 Supplies
Stamps: Backgrounds and Borders 4, Encouraging Words // Dies: Love Mom Layers, Banner Trio //Ink: Fairy Dust, Silver Lining, Bo Peep, Nautical Navy, Wild Mango, Pumpkin Spice, Black // Cardstock: White, Coal Mine
 

Using the Love Mom Layers large circle die, I cut away a circle from the front panel to reveal a coordinating sentiment stamped directly onto the card base.  I finished it off with a banner, from Banner Trio die, cut from Coal Mine cardstock and white heat embossed with a third sentiment from the Encouraging Words stamp set.

This second card mixes Watercolored Anemones with the new Grateful Greetings stamp set.  This stamp in particular has such a beautiful, feminine font that just works perfectly with any WP9 floral images you may have.  I stamped the panel the same way, images first then text.  I wanted to highlight the sentiment and also tone down the bold pattern.  To do this I used a piece of vellum with a die cut circle window to draw your attention to the center sentiment.  I used the same circle die that I used on the previous project.


WPlus9 Supplies
Stamps: Watercolored Anemones, Grateful Greetings, Hand Lettered Thanks // Dies: Love Mom Layers, Banner Trio //  Ink: Fairy Dust, Silver Lining, Bo Peep, Nautical Navy, Wild Mango, Pumpkin Spice, Black  //  Cardstock: White, Coal Mine 
 

Again, to add a secondary sentiment, I used the Banner Trio die to stamp and heat emboss a sentiment from Hand Lettered Thanks that really compliments the Grateful Greetings.



Play Along

Now it's your turn!
Use this color prompt along with at least one Wplus9 product (more is always welcome!) and upload your project to your blog or online photo gallery such as Flickr. Then link it up using the InLinkz widget below by September 4th 11:59 p.m. EST, to participate and keep the inspiration flowing!

If you'd like us to repost and share your creations on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag #wplus9PureColor!

Prize

We will select one random participant to receive a $20 store credit to wplus9.com. The winner will be posted here on the blog.

Pure Color #3 Entries



Thanks you so much for stopping by today! Come visit me on my blog for a look at the third project you see in the group photos using this PURE Color Combination.

16 comments:

  1. Kara!!! Oh my goodness I can't wait to put stamps to my new arrivals!!! You've totally inspired me today - well that isn't new, but wonderful!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards..LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this technique!! It is so cool!! What lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..stamping text on stamped images creates very interesting look !Loved both he cards !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, Kara! Your second one is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! It's really different! Right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing!! I wish I could participate in the challenge, but unfortunately I haven't been able to order from you guys yet. Soon, I hope! Good luck to all that enters, and thanks to wplus9 for all the inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous cards, Kara ... and a wonderful colour palette ... thanks for the inspiration! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the brightest blush of embarrassment ... just realized that the colors are listed, and I did not use them! Back to the drawing board!! Sorry, Kara!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards! Love the dimension that this ink layering technique creates!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest