Friday, August 5, 2016

AUGUST 2016 RELEASE: Release Day!

Happy Release Day! All of the new products we've been previewing this week are now available at wplus9.com as well as at many of your favorite retailers. I want to thank you all so much for joining us and making this such a fun week. It means a lot to us to read your comments and hear all of your enthusiasm over the new products.

I didn't get a chance to do any videos for you all this time, but that also means I got in more projects for you. I hope you didn't mind. Speaking of more projects...there were a couple of sets I didn't get to show enough love just yet, so I am here today to remedy that.

Did you guys see Bunny Mask-erade? This set is so much more than just a "Halloween" set and can really be used all year round thanks to the sentiments included. Oh my, that Steph, I tell ya. So, the phone conversation went a little something like this; "I've got a request. I'm been wanting to do this for a while now, but just can't flesh it out exactly how I want it." She says "OK?".

I say, "it might be a hard one, and just tell me if I'm crazy...but I want animals, animals dressed up like other animals." Silence. Kind of an awkward silence. So I go, "it's OK, no rush. I haven't been able to figure it out myself. So, if you come up with something...that'll be awesome."

And she comes back with THIS! This. right. here. Signed, sealed, done. Loved it. Loved it then and love it now! The masks are perfect! I love how you can have them wearing them over their eyes, propped up on their heads or even holding them out like I've done in the card above. Can you tell you I love this set?!

And that moose almost didn't make it into the set....it's my favorite now! I love stamping the masks and sentiments in an all over pattern as well. In the card above, I didn't want a plain white background, so I used Fairy Dust to stamp a faint background pattern. You could swap out any of the masks and the matching sentiment to create this card for any occasion.

The companion die always makes things easier, but this set is great all by itself as well. With a little masking you can create seamless little costumes for your bunnies. I opted to leave the bunnies entirely white and only color their masks in this next card.

I decided to create a fun little trick or treating scene. I thought this would be great for a party invite, or even a "group trick-or-treating" invite. Or you could mask off the "You're Invited" portion and only stamp "No Tricks Just Treats" and it's a great Halloween greeting card.

It was really important to me that this set be able to be used beyond Halloween. So I made sure to include several sentiments that make it appropriate all year long.

And finally, I still haven't gotten enough of these Forest Friends just yet.

I paired it with our previously released Sending, Hoping, Wishing Words die and stamp set to create a Get Well card. I wanted the bear to look like he was taking care of the raccoon and I think it worked out well. How about you?

If you missed it, here is a quick recap of everything now available:

August 2016 Release

Again, I want to thank you all for joining us for another release! Have a wonderful weekend!

22 comments:

  1. Great new release. The birdies are my favourite but they're all fab! Well done...again! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! So much cuteness is here! Love the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love birdies...great release!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dawn and everyone at Wplus9! I can't wait to start stamping, coloring, and creating with these new stamps and dies. I truly appreciate all the work it takes to bring all this JOY to my craft table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't. So fun and cute!!! I especially was laughing at a bunny with a piglet snout;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart! Great cards, but that last one melted my poor heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards!! Love all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Goodness, Dawn!! Your cards are beyond sweetly precious!!! So sweet I can hardly stop looking at them!! I've always had a soft spot for bunnies anyway (my kids had several as part of their "pet kingdom," as they used to call all the animals around here)and this happy little group is absolutely darling. Seriously. They're definitely a done deal! The Forest Friends cards have been absolutely AMAZING!! I'm a bit intimidated by the gorgeous coloring I've seen you and the DT produce. Thanks for such a wonderful release with a little bit of something (or a LOT of everything!)for everyone. Have a spectacular weekend. ~HUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, since Halloween is a favorite 'round here, this set just makes me smile BIG! and aren't we lucky you hadn't tired of Forest Friends, because I could watch you make an entire collection of these darlings! Thanks!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you gave Bunny Mask-erade a little more 'love' today because that convinced me I needed to get it. Sometimes it seems a little crazy to buy a set that is so specific to one holiday but you made sure we knew it would work year-round. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dawn your cards with the masked animals really delights my heart. As always your Copics work is so great. This release is so awesome! I am checking this month's budget as I write. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun animals!! This is an awesome release!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the Hoping You're Better Soon card is just over-the-top adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, these adorable Easter bunnies are perfect to wear costumes and be enjoyed ALL year long!! Love the idea of Halloween costumes with the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These little animals with their masks are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dawn, they're all so sweet! I love theie little faces popping out of their masks, lol. My fav is the bear helping is buddy to feel better, so precious. Great release as usual, thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just delightful, Dawn! Your cards really inspire me with lovely ways to use these sweet critters. Such great design! The little bear, in Friends for All Seasons, has captured my heart! ♡

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest