Saturday, December 23, 2017

GUEST ARTIST FEATURE: Erum Tasneem

Hello everyone! I am Erum Tasneem and I am absolutely honoured to guest design for Wplus9. We were originally going to do this back in October and I have been waiting (impatiently) for December since then.

Enough with the chit chat, let’s get down to the cards. I have two cards to share with you today featuring the Christmas Rose Bouquet stamp set. How gorgeous is this set?!

Let’s start with the first card.

I started off by stamping the floral spray, the single flower, the leaves and the vine onto watercolour paper with Black Dye Ink. I just wanted to use the Poinsettia from the larger floral stamp and the smaller single Hellebore flower also included in the set.

I coloured my images with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Stains. For the Poinsettia I used Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon. For the pink flower, I used Work Lipstick and Picked Raspberry. The leaves were done in Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive, Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint. After the watercolour was dry, I fussy cut my images out.

Next, I stamped the sentiment on black cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. After this, I prepared my card front by adding a few black paint splatters. I then popped up my sentiment on to the card front with foam tape and started to arrange my floral design. I like to take apart full sprays and make my own version just to add a bit of interest. It's nice to have pre-built arrangements, but don't be afraid to create your own - with a little creative fussy cutting you can really stretch your supplies!

I popped up the flowers and leaves all on different levels. In the end, I added some rainbow sequins and confetti for the bling.

Now onto my second card.

For this card, I heat embossed the full floral spray in gold onto watercolour paper. In addition to this, I heat embossed the single flower and separate leaves as well in case I wanted to add them later on.

I watercoloured the images with liquid watercolours and used the sentiment from Strictly Sentiments 4. For my front panel, I coloured a loose watercoloured panel using Gansai Tambi watercolours. Again, I took apart the image by fussy cutting and arranged it the way I wanted to.

I popped up everything on foam tape and then popped my sentiment on top of the bouquet.

In the end, I added some gold confetti and I was done.

I hope you liked my cards and enjoyed the post. I had an absolute blast. Thank you for having me Wplus9!

~ Erum

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
Christmas Rose Bouquet
Christmas Rose Bouquet
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Wplus9 Modern Anemones Stamps
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Strictly Sentiments 4 Stamps
Wplus9 Strictly Sentiments 4 Stamps
Shop at:
WP9

47 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations on your guest post with such an amazing company. I love your cards!! You always pick the perfect colors and layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vibrant colors Erum! Wplus9 and YOU belong together, fabulous seeing your creations here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fan of both !! WPlus9 and Erum's card making style :)So happy to you as Guest with two stunning cards ! Beautiful colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sentiments on back really pop with those vibrant colors of the blooms ... so glad to see you sharing your amazing talent with WPlus9

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning cards :) congrats on the GD. Love the beautiful watercolored look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Erum your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are beautiful, Erum! You know how to make the floral stamps shine! Congratulations on the well deserved GD spot!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Erum these cards are just STUNNING, that is the first word that came to my mind, STUNNING!! I LOVE the colors you used, love the stamps, the embossing and I have to tell you I hate fussy cutting so I give you so much credit for that, I DO NOT have the patience for it, LOL. AWESOME job. Merry Christmas Tracey Magner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! Fussy cutting is a chore yes, but it gives you a lot of control if you want to make your own floral spray out of a big stamp like this one :)

      Delete
  10. BOTH of your cards are LOVELY, Erum!!! BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!!!!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are beautiful cards! I especially love the second one, mounted onto the deep blue background. SO striking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Erum - thanks for sharing the colours for the first card - so handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you think so! I use this palette a LOT. It is one of my go to palettes. Thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you Mel! Your support is what kept me going back in the day :) Thank you.

      Delete
  14. Both cards are absolutely beautiful! I am partial to the second one as I love the colors you used and the water color background. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erum is soooo talented ! All her cards are simply perfect !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Marjorie ♥ You brought a smile on my face. Thanks a million :)

      Delete
  16. OMG, these are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for describing all the supplies you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. Erum, your talents never cease to amaze me - you and Wplus9 are a perfect match! Yes, this set is gorgeous... hope to make it my own one day - but I'll be saving this post for gorgeous reference!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will soon! Fingers crossed. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  18. Wow, wag a lovely pair of cards.
    Stunning colouring and composition just Devine.
    Really becoming addicted to your work.
    Cheers
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a big fan of yours .
    Love the vibrancy of the watercolors can you provide what brand you are using

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! I've used distress inks on my first card and Ecoline watercolour for the poinsettia on my second card. The rest are distress inks. The background of the second was created with gansai tambi.

      Delete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest