Thursday, December 14, 2017

Window Card ft. Iconic Christmas With Kara

Hey Guys! It's Kara and I'm back with a little more Christmas card inspiration for you. I love a window card. On my last project I created a window with the Simple Snowflake Die. This time I have used the large tree die from Iconic Christmas.

The tree die is the perfect size for the center of a panel cut with the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle Die. It fills the space nicely while still leaving room for a sentiment stamped below.

I wanted to create a scene inside the window using the Iconic Christmas stamp set. For my scene, I needed a background and I went for the large stamp from Snowflake Backdrops. This stamp is the perfect size to completely fill the window. I stamped it in Lake House and Nautical Navy dye ink. I applied the darker ink at the top and the lighter ink at the bottom of the stamp. Using the lighter ink, I tapped the stamp to blend the two colors together where they met. I love this effect.

I added a few images inside the tree window to create a scene in the distance. I then added the girl on top, in the foreground, who appears to be adding ornaments to the tree.

A few gemstones on the snowflakes and some Copic colored light in the lantern are the finishing touches on this one. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

Iconic Christmas Stamp
Iconic Christmas Stamp
Shop at:
WP9
Iconic Christmas Die
Iconic Christmas Die
Shop at:
WP9
Snowflake Backdrops Stamp
Snowflake Backdrops Stamp
Shop at:
WP9
White Cardstock
White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Black Cardstock
Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
PURE COLOR Lake House Dye Ink
PURE COLOR Lake House Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
PURE COLOR Nautical Navy Dye Ink
PURE COLOR Nautical Navy Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the inspiration. I own this stamp and die set and it does not get much love. Now I know some of the things I can do with it using some of the features you've used. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, it could not be any more perfect ... seriously. Would you believe I only have one Christmas tree in my stash? It's some frilly, ridiculous thing that I've never used ... time for a sale Wplus9!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really wonderful card! Such a clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a BEAUTIFUL JOB on this Kara!!! LOVE how the window looks & takes us back in time with the carolers, & the little girl bringing us back in time!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So creative and striking. I need a good tree die now. Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest